Atomic Aquatics split fins are the perfect balance between a lightweight, soft, short split fin that is easy to kick with but require a lot more kicks to produce the same level of thrust and a stiff compound with a long blade length that far too much effort to produce effective propulsion. Atomic Aquatics have optimised all these variables to produce an easy kicking, high thrust fin that delivers speed and efficiency.
Split fins are designed to mimic nature. To do this a number of features need to be designed into the blade of the fin.
- The outer rails provide the main structure and rigidity, storing and releasing the energy
- Semi rigid panels in the blade provide designers with control over how the blade flexes and changes shape during the kicking cycle, allowing precise wing shape.
- The split blade allows the fin to form a pair of wings to cut through water to reduce drag which effectively drags the diver forward.
- A high surface area improves directional control
- Strong but flexible joints between the semi rigid panels allow the blade to react far quicker to each kicking movement
- The position and shape of the foot pocket provides a stress free fit